All International applications on receiving an Acceptance letter and are preparing to come to Canada must do the following:
1. Receipt of the Acceptance Letter
- Applicants will receive an Acceptance Letter along with a Student Handbook from InnoTech College
- Upon receipt of the Acceptance Letter, applicants will need to confirm the offer to enroll and send the signed confirmation along with the signed Student Handbook by the deadline stated in the Acceptance Letter.
2. Payment of Program Fee
- All International applicants must pay $425.00 when accepting the offer to enroll
- Payment options include Visa, MasterCard, cheque, money order or cash/debit (in person). Credit card transactions will incur a 1% surcharge.
- On receiving the payment, InnoTech College will issue the student a payment receipt and Confirmation of Enrollment
- The remainder tuition fee of must be paid on the first day of classes.
3. Apply for a Student Study Permit (OPTIONAL)
- To apply for a study permit, students must go online to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website, where applicants have the option of either completing an online application form or downloading a paper application form
- Orientation takes place on the first day of classes, where students learn about the program outline, schedule, and get an introduction to the instructors, administrative staff and other students
- It is mandatory for all international students outside of Canada to ensure that they purchase health insurance for the duration of the program, prior to arriving into Canada
- As none of InnoTech’s programs are longer than 12 months, international students may NOT be eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Program. According to Alberta Health, “Students with Study Permits valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, may be eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.”
- Please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/ahcip.aspx for more information
- As such, an insurance policy can also be purchased from any number of reputable organizations, including: INGLE International and Manulife Financial
- To get around the city, students can make use of the public transit (buses and light-rail system)
- Public transit is accessible to everyone. Please refer to the following link to know more about the bus routes and schedules
- International students who do not have family in Canada and plan on living alone must arrange for accommodation for their duration of stay in Canada
- Students can find accommodation in Calgary or Edmonton using website such as kijjiji.ca, Rentfaster.ca, and viewit.ca
- Students can also contact the InnoTech College office for assistance in finding a suitable accommodation, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Additional Support
- Our staff members are familiar with various cultures, themselves having been born elsewhere and/or having visited many places worldwide
- Our support staff are available to assist international students daily, during our regular office hours of M-F 9:30 AM – 6PM
- Our instructors are available for assistance if students are struggling, daily, a half hour before class and a half hour after class
- Career guidance and employability training is provided to all students
9. Counselling Services
- There are various counselling services available in the community that students can use
- For a list of counselling services in Calgary, please see the following document: Resources in Calgary
- For a list of counselling services in Edmonton, please see the following document: Resources in Edmonton
- For a broader range of services for newcomers, please see the following document: Resources for Newcomers to Alberta
10. Refund Policy
Please note that the $75.00 CDN International Student Application Fee is non-refundable
There will also be no refunds issued for the $425.00 CDN Enrollment Fee if an International Student terminates their enrollment prior to applying for their Student Visa OR if an International Student terminates their enrollment after receiving their Student Visa.
However, a refund of $425.00 CDN will be issued if an International Student applies for a Student Visa and gets denied, as long as the students sends InnoTech College a copy of their denial letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.